We’ve all experienced those disappointing moments when we’ve found the PERFECT item in a cute clothing boutique and then looked at the price tag… and then our empty wallets (sigh). Ever thought to yourself though… hey I could make that! Well we had one of those “ah-ha” moments after we ran across this adorable sweatshirt from the upscale and eccentric Australian clothing company, Romance Was Born. Priced at $445, this fabulous creation was just a little too fabulous for our budget, but with a little glue, some gemstones from the craft store, a gray crewneck sweatshirt from Goodwill, and a little creativity, we were able to recreate this masterpiece without breaking into our piggy banks. Here’s how we did it…
- Super smelly, strong glue
- A bucket of crafting rhinestones… similar to those on a Pretty Pretty Princess Crown
- A cheap gray crewneck sweatshirt from Goodwill
- Make sure to wash your sweatshirt first to get the generic Goodwill smell off of it (and if anyone knows why all the clothes smell the same there please inform us. It’s one of life’s greatest mysteries).
- Lay out your sweatshirt and place jewels around the neck of the sweatshirt, planning out where you might like to glue them. We recommend starting with a few and trying it on as you glue. Remember you can always add more but once they’re glued, they’re glued.
- Glue away! (warning: you might want to crack a window when doing so… or you might not… whatever floats your boat).
- Let dry.
- Now work that sweatshirt!